Last Revised: April 12, 2022
1. Information We Collect
When you register, and at other times, we will collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, address, e-mail address, and facts about your computers, profession, learning habits and grades, tuition payment details, and similar information, as well as other information you voluntarily provide to us. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
We may also conduct occasional online surveys. For example, when you're within our website, you may see a pop-up window offering you the opportunity of participating in a survey. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate.
We also automatically collect IP addresses and website usage information from you when you visit our website. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our websites on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each webpage, and the length of their visits.
If you receive our service as part of an employee benefit, we may receive personal information from your employer on your eligibility to use our services and other reporting identifiers.
2. How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided the personal information to us.
- Respond adequately to your requests for services or information.
- Provide services to you and/or your dependents.
- Personalize, enhance, and support your website experience and/or the services we provide.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Facilitate and process purchases, financial transactions and payments.
- Provide information regarding our services we provide and areas of interest to you.
- Research and analyze existing services for training and quality purposes and develop new services.
- If you receive our services as an employee benefit, to aid your employer in the administration of the employee benefit.
- Comply with laws, regulations and sector standards.
- Protect the security of our technology and data.
- Fulfil tax, reporting, and other financial requirements and obligations.
- Prevent or detect unlawful acts.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all assets of InQuisic, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- We may disclose and use personally identifiable information in special circumstances where it is necessary to enforce our EULA or the applicable Terms and Conditions with your reimbursing employer (for example, when necessary to protect our intellectual property rights). We may also disclose or use your personal information when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires us to do so.
3. Who We Share Information With
Employers - Your employer may make the services available to you as an employee benefit. In order to meet our obligations to your employer, we provide details of your use of the services and personal information collected from you (including content you voluntarily provide to us), which may include your name, identifying details, academic information including grade results, tuition costs and payment details, and other employer requested information. We disclose only information reasonably necessary for their administration of the benefit.
InQuisic Group Companies - We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliate/group companies as necessary to provide the services, as well as to offer and market to you or your reimbursing employer new services or offerings developed by any of our InQuisic Group Companies.
Sub-contractors and Agents - We sometimes employ or contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Depending upon the type of service they are providing, we may share personal and special category (sensitive) personal information only as appropriate and necessary. These parties are under contractual obligations to use your personal information only as directed by us and as needed to perform their functions. All are under a legal duty to handle such information in accordance with InQuisic’s data protection and confidentiality standards.
Business Transfers - As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy assets or entities. If any InQuisic business unit is sold, personal information relevant to the acquisition may be transferred as part of the transaction.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and subscribers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our website or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer's memory.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
6. Policy Modifications
7. Transfer to U.S.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By subscribing to EdFlo.com, you consent to this transfer.
8. Comments and Questions